Friday, July 1, 2011

What's For Dinner? Asian Glazed Salmon, Crispy Potato Cake and Cucumber Radish Salad

Most of my Facebook friends see my daily status updates of "What's For Dinner" where I describe what I'm cooking that night.  I get lots of comments like, "Stop teasing us." and "When can I come over?" and "How about a recipe?".  I thought I would share some of my (better) dinners on here so you can maybe try them for yourselves or just take away a little inspiration.

This night I made one of my favorite lighter summertime dinners using salmon.  I prefer to buy fresh salmon but frozen will do, especially for our busy schedule. 

I first took 4 skinless salmon fillets (you can keep the skin if you like that) and marinated them in a terriaky glaze.  You can buy it bottled or just simply throw together a sauce of soy, ginger, garlic and pineapple juice. 

While those marinated, I thinly sliced a cuke and a few radishes.  I then add white wine vinegar and a Tbs. of sugar which makes a pallet cleansing salad, like you would find in most Thai restaurants. 

While the cukes and radishes were soaking in their tangy, sweet pool of goodness I got started on the potato cakes.  I happened to have a bag of shredded potatoes used for hash browns which works awesomely as a time saver.  I swirled a small amount of vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet, let it heat up to med - high and placed piles of the potatoes inside.  I squished them down with a spatula and seasoned with salt and pepper.  These actually take quite a while to get a good brown crisp on them but it's worth the wait.

I have a handy, dandy grill pan that gets used almost every night of the week.  I heated up a bit of olive oil in my grill pan and cooked up my salmon.  Now some people like their salmon cooked hard but I like mine just done through so about 5 min. one side and 3 on the other.

I plated my salmon, my salad and my potato cake, adding a dollop of sour cream and some green onions from my garden to make a delicious, fresh, healthy, whole food meal.  Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment